64-Point Analog/Addressable Life Safety System
Note: The E-FSA64 has been replaced by the FX-64 intelligent addressable panel.
Option cards that expand system capacity and extend system capabilities.
Link to this product
For web page (with image):
- UL Listed
- CSFM Listed
- ULC Listed
- Device loops: 1 loop Class B, Class A optional, supporting up to 64 device addresses
- NAC Circuits: 2 Class B, Class A optional, 2.5 amps each
- Power supply 3.75A FWR total at 120/230V AC 60 Hz; 3.0A FWR total at 230V AC 50 Hz; 0.5A aux power
- Operating Voltage: 24V DC. NAC minimum voltage: 19.5V DC @ 20.4V battery voltage
- Loop circuit operating voltage: 20V peak-to-peak
- Primary power: 120V AC 60 Hz, 230V AC 50 - 60 Hz
- Aux Power 1 (Continuous Circuit): 24V DC nominal at 500 mA
- Aux Power 2 (Resettable circuit): 24V DC nominal at 500 mA
- Auxiliary output: 19 to 25.7V DC
- Base panel current: Standby - 155 mA, Alarm - 204 mA
- Battery placement: E-FSA64 cabinets accommodate up to 10AH batteries. Use an external cabinet for larger sizes
- Batteries: Batteries must be sealed lead acid type only. Maximum charging capacity = 26AH
- Loop circuit: Maximum loop resistance: 66 ohms. Maximum loop capacitance: 0.5 microF. Style 4, 6, and 7 wiring. 64 isolators maximum.
- Compatibility ID: 100
- Alarm contact: Form C 24V DC @ 1A (resistive load)
- Trouble contact: Form C 24V DC @ 1A (resistive load)
- Supervisory contact: Form A 24V DC @ 1A (resistive load)
- Environmental: Temperature: 0 to 49C (32 to 120F). Humidity: 0 to 93% RH, noncondensing
- Terminal Rating: All terminals rated for 12 to 18 AWG (0.75 - 2.5 mm2
- Serial communications: Voltage: 2.55V. Current: 30 mA max
- Remote annunciator: 8 drops max, RS485 Class B, Class A
- Input zones: 16 max.
- E-FSA Quick Reference Card.pdf
- Fire Alarm Life Safety Product Guide.pdf
A guide for the Edwards fire alarm products, including the E-FSC conventional panels, E-FSA addressable panels, initiating devices, signaling devices, and accessories.
- Data Sheet_R-Series Remote Annunciators.pdf
- Data Sheet_E-FSA64 Analog Addressable Life Safety System.pdf
- Fire Alarm FAQs_v2.pdf
This contains a list of commonly asked questions (with answers) regarding fire alarm systems.
- NAC Load_Wiring and dB_Calcs_V8.xls
This spreadsheet will help calculate signal circuit loads, wire distances, and dB loss for speaker circuits.
- Addressable Fire Alarm System Questions to Ask
Questions to ask to help put together a bill of material for an addressable fire alarm system.
- 85001-0541-E--Strobe Handbook.pdf
A guide to the application and installation of fire alarm strobe devices.
- E-FSA Panel Battery Calculations
Battery calculations for the E-FSA addressable fire alarm panels.
- E-FSA Firmware, Version 2.31.
This is version 2.31 of the E-FSA addressable panel firmware. Copy to your hard drive, then uzip.
- Panel Firmware to CU Cross Reference
This lists what versions of the FSA-CU works with the different versions of panel firmware.
- Firmware Update Utility Instructions
These are the instructions for using the Firmware Update Utility (FUU) used with the E-FSA addressable panels. Additional instructions can be found in the Help menu of the FUU.
- Firmware Update Utility
This utility program is used to update the panel firmware in the E-FSA addressable panels. It works with panel firmware versions 2.2 and higher. The panel firmware itself is separate.
- FSA-CU v3.5_Setup.zip
Configuration utility program for the E-FS, E-FSC, and E-FSA fire alarm panels. Copy the file to your hard drive, unzip it, then click on the FSA-CU_Setup application to install.
Utility for identifing possible nuisance conditions with E-PD and E-PHD addressable detectors. For an explanation of the issue and instructions for the utility, refer to Field Notes Bulletin 13029E in the Technical Bulletins section.
- FSA-CU Programming Guide_v3.pdf
A guide to using the FSA-CU configuration utility program with the E-FSA addressable fire alarm panels.
- FSA-CU Version 3.5 and Firmware Version 2.3 Release Notes
- E-FSA Compatibility List.pdf
- CTM City Tie Module Installation Sheet.pdf
- E-FSA Technical Reference Manual_rev 6.pdf
- R-Series Remote Annunciators and Expanders Installation and Operation Guide.pdf
- Operating Instruction Placard for E-FSA Panels
- AE Bulletin_E-FSA Strobe Synchronizaton.pdf
Information on how to configure signal circuits on the E-FSA panel to synchronize Edwards' Genesis strobes.
- AE Bulletin 050610-2_Booster Supply and E-FSA.pdf
Tips on how to wire a booster power supply to the E-FSA panels.
- AE Bulletin 100913_Laptop Connection Update.pdf
Tips on how to connect a laptop running the FSA-CU configuation utility program to an E-FSA addressable panel.
- Field Notes Bulletin_13029E_E-FSA Possible Nuisance Conditions With E-PD and E-PHD Detectors.pdf
Bulletin describing possible nuisance conditions with the E-PD and E-PHD addressable detectors and instructions for using the TF-13029 utility.
- AE Bulletin_E-FSA_Loop_Wiring_Ed.pdf
Wiring distances/limitations for the E-FSA addressable loop.
- AE Bulletin, E-FSA Panel Modem Connections
Tips on connecting to an E-FSA addressable panel via modem.
- AE Bulletin, E-FSA Panel Cross Zoning
Tips on how to do cross zoning with the E-FSA addressable panels.
- AE Bulletin_FSA-CU_Getting_Started_Ed.pdf
Tips on using the FSA-CU configuration utility program for the E-FSA panel.
- AE Bulletin_E-FSA_RS232_Connection_Troubleshooting_Ed.pdf
Tips on connecting a laptop to the E-FSA panel for programming.
- AE Bulletin_RS232_DB9_Connection_Diagram_Ed.pdf
RS232 cable connection diagram for connecting a laptop to the E-FSA panels.
- AE Bulletin_E-FSA_Loop_Faults.pdf
Trouble shooting tips for loop faults on the E-FSA panels.
This bulletin provides tips for using Edwards dialers with TCP/IP internet and GSM (cellular phone) interface devices used for connecting to central monitoring stations.
- Technical Bulletin - SA-DACT and Shared Phone Lines
Technical bulletin describing an issues with the SA-DACT dialer and shared phone lines.
- AE Bulletin_Elevator Recall & E-FSA_Update.pdf
Tips on how to program the E-FSA addressable panel for elevator control.
- E-RLY Modules Connected to MR Series Multivoltage Control Relays
- Product_Bulletin 052316 E-PDD Replacement Edwards
This bulletin announces the replacement for the E-PDD addressable duct detector.
- Technical Bulletin 16001E_R01_E-FSA Addressable Panels - Device Internal Fault Restoration Issue
This is a technical bulletin regarding internal device faults with E-FSA addressable panels. Bulletin explains issue and how to resolve.
- AE Bulletin, E-FSA Panel & Latched Outputs
Tips on how to use and program latching outputs on an E-FSA addressable panel.
- Sounder Base Programming
Tips on how to program (turn on) the addressable SB4U sounder base.
- Tech Bulletin, (ERROR) 5003 NAC A
An explanation of a an FSA-CU error message and how to resolve.
- AE Bulletin, Door Holders and Fire Alarm
Tips on how to connect door holders to fire alarm systems.
- Tech Bulletin, Smoke Supervisory Configuration Fault
An explanation of a configuration fault caused by programming a smoke detector as a supervisory input using the FSA-CU, and how to resolve.
- Tech Bulletin 090811-2 Dialer Troubleshooting.pdf
Tips on troubleshooting problems with dialers.
- AE Bulletin 091311_Sounder Base Wiring.pdf
Tips on how to wire and supervise the power to SB4U addressable sounder bases.
- E-FSA Panel Firmware and FSA-CU Cross Reference
A cross reference list that shows what E-FSA panel firmware works with which version of the FSA-CU programming software.
- Tech Bulletin, E-FSA NAC Device Type
An explanation of how to properly configure the NACs in the E-FSA panels.
- Tech Bulletin, E-FSA Smoke Det, Sup Non-Latch
Describes an issue regarding using v3.3 of the FSA-CU to program a smoke detector as a supervisory non-latch device type.