Note: The 250-CO is being/has been discontinued and replaced by the 260-CO.
The Edwards SafeAirTM 250-CO carbon monoxide (CO) detector is an accu-rate and reliable means of alerting building occupants of potentially dangerous levels of CO in the protected area. The internal electro-chemical sensor communicates with a sophisticated on-board microprocessor that accurately tracks CO levels over time.
This commercial-grade detection technology results in quick response, reliable sensing, fast reset time, and superior false alarm immunity. Its small size allows the 250-CO to blend inconspicuously with any decor, and its smooth contoured design is compatible with both residential and commercial environments.
Unaffected by normal indoor temperature variations, the Edwards 250- CO actually self-adjusts for environmental changes and operates reliably under a wide variety of conditions. It also monitors its own performance and automatically compensates for sensitivity drift throughout the course of its service life.
Like all CO detectors, the 250-CO has a limited service life. When it reaches this point, the 250-CO’s six-year end-of-life timer automati-cally triggers a warning, locally, at the control panel, and optionally, at a central monitoring station, indicating that the device should be serviced.
An integrated temporal four-horn provides local signaling capability for the 250-CO, and it easily interfaces with any Listed intrusion or fire alarm system by means of its 150mA output relay, which may be connected to the auxiliary input on the control panel. Its low current draw results in little additional demand on the system power supply.
The 250-CO fully complies with the latest UL 2075 requirements which allows for installation in a wide range of residential and commercial settings.
- Uses highly reliable, commercial-grade, electrochemical sensing technology
- Self-diagnostics keep the device operating optimally throughout its service life
- Sensor is unaffected by fluctuations in normal indoor temperature
- Built-in trouble/power supervision relay
- 12 or 24 VDC operation and 150 mA relay contact configurable for normally open or normally closed operation
- Long-life six-year sensor
- Transmits sensor end-of-life to the control panel and central station if the system is monitored
- Fully listed to the latest UL 2075 CO standard for residential or commercial occupancies
- Large terminals ease wiring installation 14 to 22 AWG
- One-touch TEST/HUSH button simplifies local operation
- On-board LED provides local alarm and trouble indication
- Inconspicuous footprint and attractively contoured design